The MMG is used to connect mobile machines to stationary networks. In addition, it optionally can be used for higher level automation purposes, SCADA and as machine server to provide functions like:
- on-board data acquisition
- data analysis for preparation of reports for operation and maintenance
- storage of information and transfer when the WLAN is available
- “Machine Black Box” – a machine data recorder which can be used for analysis of failures or operational circumstances.
- “Machine Server” – a machine web site for additional operator communication, work order handling or for remote machine access.
The MMG improves machine efficiency and is a precondition for “Smart Machine” functionality as well as for machine-to-machine communication. Using the MMG, the on board machine network can be fully separated from the general mining network. Additional firewall and enhanced network security functions according to recent best practice are available. The MMG can be used in installations with only a local “hot spot” Wireless LAN (WLAN) coverage as well as in mining environments with permanent WLAN coverage.
- Uncomplicated machine network integration
- Separate local WLAN access point on the machine for undisturbed service access
- Seamless Roaming, fully WLAN standard conform
- Customized software and configurations possible
- Machine network security options
- Software and configuration authentication options
- Extensible to a complete Machine Web Server or data logger